Two years ago, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey received an American Cancer Society Institutional Review Grant. This grant provides the Cancer Institute with pilot project funding for early investigators (within the first 6 years of initial academic appointment) to support cancer-related research projects to be completed within a 12-month period.
We are issuing a Request for Proposals for the second round of funding. This competition is open to all eligible faculty at Rutgers and Princeton University. Please distribute this information and identify eligible faculty for this opportunity.
The RFP, application form, and a flyer publicizing this opportunity are below.
- $50,000 Pilot Project Grants are available to support cancer-related research projects that can be completed in a one-year period
- Eligible Project Areas:
- Basic research on cancer biology
- Cancer detection, treatment, and prevention
- Projects in the psychosocial, behavioral, and population sciences
- Research on health policy or services
- Cancer in the poor and underserved
- Childhood cancer
- Eligible Applicants:
- Faculty members at Rutgers and Princeton University who are within 6 years of their initial academic appointment as assistant professor or equivalent, and
- Do no currently have an award from a national, peer-reviewed competition
- For more information and to request an application, email email@example.com
- Applications are due no later than May 12, 2017.