The Robert E. Leet and Clara Guthrie Patterson Trust was established in 1980 for the advancement of medical science, particularly research "relating to human diseases, their causes and relief."
The Patterson Trust will provide support to mentored clinical investigators in the early stages of their research careers across a wide range of disciplines.
The Program will help the Trust to pursue its mission by providing Awardees with the opportunity to demonstrate creativity and explore opportunities that may promote careers in clinical research. Pilot and preliminary studies are encouraged.
Monday, May 8, 2017
12:00 Noon, U.S. Eastern Time
Two-year Awards at $90,000
Gay Lockwood, Senior Program Officer
GLockwood@hria.org or 617-279-2240, x702
Funding for cancer-related research will also be provided by the William O. Seery Foundation.
- Work in a non-profit academic, medical, or research institution in the states of Connecticut, New Jersey or Rhode Island
- Be mentored by a senior scientist with an active research program where the Applicant will be conducting research
- Applicants with clinical responsibilities may have worked no more than five years since completion of training
- Applicants without clinical responsibilities must have a minimum of three years but no more than six years of full-time postdoctoral research
- Some concurrent funding is permitted (see Guidelines)
- U.S. citizenship or visa documentation is not required
External Due Date
May 8, 2017