Johnson & Johnson: Advancing the Safe Use of Healthcare Products QuickFire Challenge
Johnson & Johnson’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO) works to ensure that the safety data underpinning all our product are scientifically sound and robust; following from that, it is also an OCMO priority to provide healthcare practitioners, physicians, surgeons, patients and consumers with the most informative data and understanding of the safety of our products so that they may make well informed healthcare decisions.
To that end, Johnson & Johnson Innovation and the OCMO are looking to reward up to $200,000 in multiple grants, and one year of JLABS space, to the individuals or teams who submit the best ideas on how to educate, inform and provide clarity around healthcare product safety.
Up to $200,000
1. Empowering patients and consumers to make more informed healthcare decisions by providing better information and education about the safety of healthcare products (pharmaceuticals, medical devices and consumer products).
2. Improving training and development for surgeons by identifying new models that simulate the operating room environment.
3. Empowering patients and consumers to more safely administer and handle healthcare products.
Solutions will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers and judges on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Potential to impact healthcare outcomes / move the needle on medical safety
- Uniqueness of solution & level of competition in current market
- Quality & feasibility of technology
- Team credibility & capabilities
- Clarity of plan: Milestones & defined go/no go decisions
Deadline to apply is May 24, 2017
Winner(s) will be announced in November