Skip to main content
Requesting Letters of Support: Policies & Procedures
The first step in requesting support from ORED is to contact your Dean or Center Director
Requests for letters of general support should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the preferred grant submission date.
Requests for letters of support that will include a specific financial, space or other material resource commitments from the institution should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the preferred grant submission date.
Email Request should include:
- Draft letter in WORD as an attachment: You must submit a draft of the letter that you would like sent. ORED reserves the right to make changes, but does not provide review or editing services. The draft you submit should be your final draft and should comply with the sponsor's guidelines for letters.
- Purpose of the letter (e.g., general support, grant package, nomination to committee, etc.) and where it is going (e.g., NIH, NSF)
- A proposal abstract or other material that describes the project/program/award
- Any special requirements (e.g., if specific forms must be used, format requirements, etc.)
- Final ORSP deadline
- Your contact information - ONE contact person
- For cost-share requests, include the cost-sharing budget template
- Email requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
- There should be ONE contact person for each letter submitted.
- ORED will be in contact with you regarding the letter and will send to requesting agency before the deadline.
NOTE: ORED reserves the right to not provide a letter of support if the request does not conform to the submission guidelines outlined in this policy.